Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dying to Myself... To Live Is Christ!

Philippians 1:18-26.  To live is Christ, to die is gain.  That was the focus of our study last night at Crossroads, my church's college fellowship.  These truths struck me anew...

God has put me here for a purpose... His purpose.  Paul writes that he would rather die and go to be with Christ, but that it is "more necessary" that he live for the sake of those he is serving (Phil 1:24).  I am convinced more than ever that God has led me to BFA as part of His big plan and specific purpose for my life.  Lord, please use every moment of my life here on earth to bring glory to Your Name!

Dying to myself each day means letting go of my selfishness and pride... and letting Christ reign.  We continued our conversation by talking about the Romans 6 concept of "dying to ourselves."  How easy it is to get caught up in self-centered thinking, even amidst all that God is doing!  I praise You, Jesus, for Your faithfulness, despite my selfishness.

3 weeks until I leave for Germany!  Every moment is Yours, Lord!



1 comment:

  1. Love those verses. They've run through my head at least weekly for the past 7 years when I first memorized Philippians 1. So good.

    ReplyDelete