Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Who will go? I will go!

This morning my parents and I traced and cut over 200 construction paper and foam shapes to be used for VBS crafts at Grace Point this week.  In the mean time, we watched some old home videos.  I always love it when we get out the VHS tapes full of memories from Vacation Bible School closing programs to Christmas productions, from summer vacations to birthday celebrations.

I'm sure I've watched the 1999 VBS closing program tape many times before, but this time I couldn't help but note with new interest the lyrics of the song and my 11-year-old enthusiasm:

"Who will go?  Who will send them?
Who will share the gospel of peace?
Who will go?  I will go, I will send them.
I believe God will use me, I believe God will use me!"

At age 11, did I know God would lead me to Germany?  Did I have any idea how He would lead me there?  No.  But I did sing with confidence -- and believe in my heart -- that God would use me!

Wherever you are, whomever you are serving, share the gospel of peace and allow God to use you for His purposes!  No matter how young or old you are.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool Heather! It's neat how God starts to mold and shape us for something years before He has us do it! So excited to serve with you in Germany!

    ReplyDelete