Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Goodbye, Grace Point

Tomorrow morning, I will be commissioned during all three services at my sending church, Grace Point.  It is so encouraging to know that the members of the church are not only giving financially, but also praying faithfully.

This letter will appear in the International Focus portion of the bulletin tomorrow:


Dear Grace Point,

The time has come.  Almost five months after accepting an elementary teaching position at Black Forest Academy (BFA) in southwestern Germany, I am packing my bags and will be boarding a plane this Wednesday!

Thank you so much, Grace Point, for your prayers, financial support, and genuine interest in my ministry at BFA.  I’m grateful for the opportunity I have had to grow through the ministries and messages of this church over the past 22 years.  What a blessing to be commissioned by Grace Point to serve Christ overseas!

There are many transitions ahead of me – America to Germany, suburb to small town, student to teacher, college life to independence – but God is faithful!  I am confident that He will provide peace and joy as I adjust to my new surroundings, routines, and responsibilities.

Christian band Jonah33’s song “This Is It” conveys my prayer for this time of transition:  “This is it… I finally get a chance to show the world what You have done for me, so let this moment be You instead of me.”  Please pray with me that God would be glorified as I serve Him at BFA for the next two years.

If you would like to receive updates from me while I am in Germany, please talk to me today or email HBrown@teachbeyond.org.  You can also follow my blog: http://heatherjoybfa.blogspot.com.  I appreciate your encouragement and support as I go!

With Joy in the Journey,
Heather Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment