Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 2 = Success!

Today's Successes:

-- Set up my German bank account!  My host mom took me back to the bank, where I signed some paperwork and got my bank account number.  Check that off the list!

-- Shopping trip to Hieber's!  It took me a few laps around the store to find everything, but I was able to get everything I needed!


-- Learned how to play Settlers!  I met up with Dani, Israel, and Anne, who are other TeachBeyond new staff members.  I enjoyed eating lunch with them and then learning how to play Settlers!  To my GCC friends... now I FINALLY understand that game that you gave up sleep to play!

-- More unpacking!  I put all my clothes in the schrank (wardrobe) tonight while watching a movie.  The schrank has a ton of storage space, so I will be able to use the top shelves for other items.  I'll be able to put things into the desk drawer and on the shelves once I figure out the furniture arrangement.

-- Prepared my own dinner!  I decided to keep it simple since a) it was just me, b) I don't have much in the frig, c) I wasn't too hungry, and d) I'm still working on my culinary skills!!  :)


-- Made it past 10:00 both nights so far!  Take that, jet lag! :)

I'll post again soon with more news from Deutschland!

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome, Heather Joy! (for getting your bags as full as possible, but not overweight!) Soon your apartment will be bustling with your roommates - and friends! :)

    ReplyDelete