Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's for real!

It's for real: Only TWO more weeks until I leave for Germany!

Even writing that seems a little bit surreal!  It is hard to believe how quickly this summer has flown by.  There's lots more to do between now and then...

It's for real: God is the Great Provider!

I am also so grateful to God for providing a team of financial partners who have made it possible for me to be fully funded before leaving for Germany!

I praise God and offer sincere thanks to my financial partners, as Paul did in his letter to his supporters:  "I have received full payment and even more;  I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent.  They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.  And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.  To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (Philippians 4:18-20).


It's for real: I have students waiting for me in Germany!

This week I received class lists for the third and fifth graders I'll be teaching at BFA!  Somehow seeing their names makes it all seem more real.  Please pray that the Lord would prepare their hearts and minds for another year of learning - and me to be their instructor!

I also decided on my classroom theme... "Third Grade: Under Construction!"  The theme reflects several different values that I desire to instill in my students:
-- We must build our lives (and our class!) on the firm foundation of Christ
-- We are His "tools" in the world
-- We need to work toward building a classroom community of respect, love, and helpfulness
-- What the students learn this year is built upon prior knowledge
-- We are ALL works in progress as we strive to learn and grow!


It's for real: "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion" (Philippians 1:6)!

5 comments:

  1. So awesome!! And by the by, that's one of my favorite verses. Been so for a long, long time. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo!! That's so awesome, Heather! Praise the LORD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you just hear Mrs. Benjamin saying "Praise the LORD! Jehovah Jireh - God's our provider!!"?! What exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, Heather! Praise God for His provision for you!

    I love the theme you picked for your third graders! I know that even I am still "under construction" as God continues to mold and shape me. God has made you part of the construction team helping Him to mold and shape your student's young lives into beautiful masterpieces for His glory. May He continue to bless you and give you wisdom as you go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet theme, Red :). even that aspect of being an RA is paying off, haha!

    ReplyDelete