Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What in the World Are You Doing...?

This Sunday I had the opportunity to share about my ministry at BFA with the 1st-4th graders at Grace Point as a part of their "What in the World Are You Doing?" summer missions focus.  This week's question: What in the world are you doing with what God gave you?

I split the children into two groups -- one group had to come up with words/phrases to describe missionaries and the other to describe teachers.  Then, we talked about how my role at BFA will be a combination of the two.  I smiled when I saw that one of the girls had written "Heather" on the missionary chart paper.  Perhaps still a bit surreal, but true!

The big idea was this: God wants each of us to use the gifts He has given us for His glory.  The children named many different things that they enjoy -- sports, musical instruments, playing with friends, legos, swimming, dancing -- and each talent can be used to serve others and make God happy.  Furthermore, He doesn't wait to use people until they graduate from college and can go overseas.  God works through His people when they listen to His voice -- wherever they are, whatever their age.

So, let me pose the same question to YOU: What in the world are YOU doing with what God gave you?  May our time, talent, and treasure be used to further His kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment