Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pack, Move, Settle In!

We survived the school move!

Step 1:  Each of the teachers packed lots of boxes!  During the last week of school, I started taking things off the walls and shelves and putting them into boxes.  The boxes got really heavy very quickly!  I had to divide my teaching manuals and textbooks into different boxes to distribute the weight.  Besides packing lots of boxes, I also vacuumed rugs, wiped down the desks, and taped filing cabinet drawers shut.



Step 2:  We were blessed with many moving helpers!  On the day of the big move (yesterday), we had lots of BFA staff helping us out.  I was glad we had lots of strong men to carry the heavy shelves and cabinets down the stairs and out the front door.  :)  Some people stayed at the "old" school, while others helped with unpacking at the "new" school.


Step 3:  We're getting settled in our new school!  There are still boxes throughout the school, but we're making progress.  Tomorrow will be the first day of school in the new building for the bilingual first and second grade classes, as the German students have school for another month.  Unfortunately, I am not able to set everything up in my classroom just yet.  Because the walls in my room are 2/3 tile, they need a few extra coats of paint.  The painter told me today that he will have to come back on Tuesday to finish the job.  (And I'll be on my way to America by then!)  I will be able to move in some furniture this weekend, so that will be helpful.  And even though I have to wait, I am very excited about the fresh paint on all of the walls.  What a beautiful classroom this will be!

So since I wasn't setting up my own classroom today, I was able to help other teachers.  I helped set up the first grade room...

...And also organized some of the art supplies!


How thankful we are for a new school building.  It has been a school for many years, so we don't have to do any major construction.  The rooms are freshly painted and in great condition. Thank you for praying for this move -- that God would provide this building and that the move would go well.  He has answered our prayers beyond what we could have imagined!  Please continue to pray for the teachers and students as we establish new routines in our new building.  May the Lord be glorified as we serve Him in a new place!

No comments:

Post a Comment