Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Couldn't Have Said It...

... better myself.

Check out this blog from my friend, Kristi:  http://kristidahlstrom.wordpress.com/2011/06/27/a-year-on-the-map/

I echo what Kristi says about home.  Yes, I have made a new home in Germany, where I spend my days and develop my routines... but that doesn't diminish my love for friends and family in America, memories of afternoons on the quad at GCC, loyalty to the Philadelphia Phillies.

We each have a place we call "home" for now.  But, we are also shaped by our past experiences and long-time friendships.  I am so glad that YOU are a part of that for me!  You have helped shape who I am.  You have invested in me.  And I value the precious time that I have with you this summer.

So, although I have changed and grown over the past year, I am still me.  Thanks for welcoming me "back" -- to my "home" away from my current "home."

No comments:

Post a Comment