Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pen Pal Connection

For the past few weeks, my fourth grade class has been reading Stone Fox concurrently with our pen pal class in western Pennsylvania.  The culmination of this collaborative reading unit was a Skype date yesterday afternoon.  My students and their pen pals presented final projects to one another via Skype.  It was so exciting to see the students interacting with one another and reflecting on what they had read!  We look forward to Skyping with our pen pals more this spring.

My students watching the pen pal presentations

Pen Pal Presentations projected on the wall

3 comments:

  1. You are SO good at what you're doing! God has gifted you, prepared you, and enabled you to be a wonderful teacher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This worked out so well and my class loved it! I can't wait to do more with our classes next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, What a great outreach for your community and ours! I'm so proud of you! I'm sharing this with Dr. Jenny for Technologies of Instruction and my class :). Keep up the amazing work and tell your students I loved this project!

    ReplyDelete