Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Narnia Day!

One of my favorite days of the school year so far was last Friday... NARNIA DAY!  After taking a sick day on Wednesday and slowly recovering on Thursday, I was glad for a planned fun Friday with the fourth graders!

During the morning, the students took a test on our Narnia unit, which evaluated their comprehension, vocabulary, and critical thinking skills about the novel.  It also included some of the Biblical connections we had discussed in class.  I was impressed with the students' interest in the unit and the knowledge they gleaned from the reading.

After the test, I set up my laptop with speakers and a projector, as I have for Skype dates in the past.  While we watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe together, the students enjoyed comparing the movie with the novel.  What a great way to end the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment