Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Das Wochenede!

Weekends are wonderful.  Whether you live in Germany, America, or anywhere else in the world, weekends are a great break from the regular routine.  Sometimes they offer a chance to relax, while other times they are busier than the work week!  But there's just something about weekends that is different and special and exciting.  Some of my favorite moments here in Germany have been on the weekends.

Last Friday was one of those busy weekend nights...  My roommate Brittany and I spent the evening (from 4-9:30pm!) at the main campus of BFA!  There were four back-to-back basketball games with pep band performances throughout, which brought back some good memories from high school marching band.  The junior class put on a low-key coffeehouse in the auditorium, featuring student performers (some of whom were also basketball players later in the evening!).  I may have gotten hooked on the chocolate almond latte, too.  :)

On the other side of the auditorium was the annual book swap, with over 3,000 donated books available for purchase at only 50 cents each!  Needless to say I stocked up on my personal and classroom library collections.  It was so fun to spend time with friends, see some of my elementary schoolers and their families, and enjoy the amazing talents of the BFA students.

Even with many things to do in the BFA community, there is still plenty of time for rest.  We have enjoyed sunny, warm weather (over 50*F most days last week!) and unstructured Saturdays.

I'm thankful for the busy days -- full of friendships, adventure, productivity.  And I'm also thankful for the restful days -- full of peace, conversations, refreshment.  Every weekend, whether busy or slow-paced, is filled with purpose and blessing!  And I pray I live every day to the fullest.

One of my small group girls and her brother perform at the junior class coffeehouse fundraiser.

1 comment:

  1. I have loved and am thankful for the busy and restful weekends I have gotten to spend with you! Looking forward to many more wonderful weekends!

    ReplyDelete