Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Story Time with the First Graders

Today I visited my second student teaching class.  Apparently, their teacher hadn't told them that I was coming, so the first graders were SUPER excited to see me!  It was so fun to be back in their classroom for just a short time.

I asked the class what they noticed that was different about me since December -- they noticed both the contacts and the haircut!  I told them that I noticed different things about them, too, but sometimes people change on the inside.  I had something that I wanted to tell them that was an "inside" change; they wouldn't be able to tell from the outside.

I excitedly told them about moving to Germany... although most of them didn't have a clue where Germany is!  They did know, however, that I would have to take an airplane to get there and that it is "very far away."  I asked them what they thought I would do there -- teach in a school, of course!  One boy did add, "Miss Brown, I know something else you could do in Germany... get married!"  Yes, thank you for that comment.  Gotta love first graders!

Another update for this week... I got the names and email addresses of other girls who will be serving at BFA beginning this fall, so we are getting to know one another in order to figure out who will room together.  As I make contact with possible future roommates, I get even more excited about going to Germany!

Thank you for your continued prayers for strength, good health, wonderful memories, and "ending well" at GCC.  There are a lot of "lasts," but these are special times with friends.  May the Lord be glorified in all of our words, thoughts, actions, and attitudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment