Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Parent's Weekend and Finals Week

This past weekend was Parent's Weekend on campus, so there were a LOT of things going on.  I enjoyed sharing the campus with my parents and grandmothers.  On Friday night, my parents hosted a dinner for my friends, as they have for all eight of my semesters at GCC.  It is always a wonderful time of fellowship and a great way for my parents to get to know my friends a little bit better.  Saturday was jam-packed (Recognition Convocation, One Act plays, Spring Dance Show, and All-College sing)!  My family left after church and lunch yesterday afternoon.

This week is the end of classes and beginning of finals.  Classes end Wednesday, Study Day is Thursday, and finals begin on Friday.  I will have two finals on Friday and two on Saturday... and then I'm done!  I'm so thankful to get them over with quickly.  My friends are jealous of my schedule, but I have promised to bake them cookies and write encouraging notes to them while they study on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. :)  Please pray for focus, motivation, and energy as I study a lot in the next few days.

In the midst of these crazy days, I have really enjoyed emailing with potential roommates for next year!  It is so neat to hear from the four other single girls who need housing in the Kandern area.  Those email conversations and Facebook messages make it seem a little bit more real that I am actually moving to Germany in a few months!  Wow, time is FLYING by!  Less than three months to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment