Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Your Going Out and Coming In

The past week has been so full!  Here are some highlights:

-- My friend Kim and I completed our grant project and were officially awarded all of money requested!  We created a program entitled City 2 City (C2C) Classroom Connect, which is designed to expand the horizons of students around the world using videoconferencing technology.  The money we received from the grant will go towards purchasing web cams for pilot classrooms, obtaining a membership for a Ning network web site, and paying for copyright fees.  I am really excited to see where this program goes from here, especially since my classroom will be one of pilot classes!


-- I had almost a whole week between the end of finals and graduation day to enjoy time with friends and wrap things up at Grove City.  I have done a number of fun things… baked 4 batches of cookies with my roommate, went to a Pirates game, enjoyed delicious food at the senior class dinner, led an informal worship night, and took lots of photos on a photo shoot with my closest friends.


-- I graduated from Grove City College on Saturday, May 15, under a beautiful sunny sky!  It was a perfect way to celebrate four wonderful years at GCC.  Although there were many bittersweet goodbyes, I am overwhelmed by God's goodness and continual blessing during my college years.


Throughout finals, the Lord kept leading me back to the Psalms of Ascent (Psalms 121-134), with an emphasis on the peace and strength found in Him.  I would encourage you to read all of those rich Psalms, but here are two passages that were particularly meaningful to me:

"The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand... the Lord will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life.  The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore." 121:5,7-8  As I prepared to leave GCC, this was a comfort that the Lord would continue to guide my steps.  In preparation for Germany, this is again a powerful reminder that HE is in control about my "going out" and "coming in."

"Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.  Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.  It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for He gives to His beloved sleep." 127:1-2  This passage reminds me of the importance of using each moment for Christ's sake... but not obsessing about working 24/7.  The Lord gives us rest and strengthens us to do His work well.  May we never labor in vain, but rather through His strength and for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment