Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

God's Grace... and Ways to Pray

While I was at BFA this past weekend, God showed me a very real picture of His grace...  As I interacted with the staff, I was overwhelmed by a feeling of unworthiness.  I have no teaching experience and no direct connections to BFA.  Why did they select me to teach at Sitzenkirch?  I definitely don't deserve it!  At the same time, I am filled with great enthusiasm and excitement for serving God at BFA for the next two years!  Although I don't deserve to have this job, I am so grateful to God for this opportunity. 

This reminds me of God's grace:  I'm far from perfect, and I don't deserve His sacrificial love.  However, by accepting His offer of forgiveness, I am filled with His supernatural joy!

"As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient... For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast."  (Ephesians 2:1-2, 8-9)

Thank You, Jesus, for Your amazing grace -- and for providing an unbelievable opportunity to serve You at BFA!!

I also thought of several specific prayer requests while at the conference this weekend...

Three Ways to Pray:

* TRANSITION:  There will be a lot of changes this summer as I leave Grove City (my "home" away from home the past four years with familiar people, routine, church, activities) and move to Germany (new culture, language, town, people, routine, church, activities).  Pray that I will be flexible about all of the little details, such as driving in a foreign country and using Skype to communicate with people in the USA.  I know that God is the Great Provider; pray that I continue to trust Him without worrying or complaining.

* COMMUNITY:  Coming from a close Christian environment at Grove City College, it will be really different not living in a dorm with friends just a few steps away.  Pray that I will quickly connect with not only BFA staff members, but also my Germany neighbors.  (Praise God for the connections I have already been able to make at the International Christian Educators' Conference!)

* BALANCE:  Since I am used to having a busy schedule and interacting with lots of people daily, I anticipate that I will want to get involved in activities in the area.  Pray that I will have discernment and wisdom about what to participate in so that I do not overcommit myself during my first year of teaching.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."  - Philippians 4:6-7

1 comment:

  1. Will be praying - thanks for the specific ways I can be praying!

    ReplyDelete