Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Loving Well

This past weekend I was blessed to have the opportunity to lead worship with two other BFA colleagues for a women's retreat in Switzerland.  For many of the ladies from the international church in Basel, this was their first-ever women's retreat!  What a pleasure it was to lead them to the foot of the cross through music.  It was great to also hear solid teaching from the Beth Moore DVD on "Loving Well" -- loving people who are easy or hard to love, close friends or enemies or strangers.

Shelley (vocal), Me (vocal and piano), Brittany (guitar)

It's weekends like this one that I can especially sense the Lord's purpose and design for my time here.  I hadn't prepared any "filler" music, but there ended up being several times when they needed background piano music during meditation/prayer, and the Lord provided the notes and the chords for each of those moments.  I could really sense Him playing through me.  What a perfect reminder that He guides me and uses me in ways that I can't imagine!

2 comments:

  1. Do you go to ACB?! That's the church I went to as well and can't wait to get back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know of ACB, but this was actually Crossroads International Church in Basel. I don't go there, but the pastor's son is in my fourth grade class and their other kids go to BFA.

    ReplyDelete