Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fruit Detour!

J: "Oh no, oh dear..."
D: "I can't believe this!"
S:  "And this is where I come in.  I'm patience.  Most people want more of me, but they have a really hard time getting it..."

It was a thrill to watch my twelve fourth graders perform "Fruit Detour" this morning.  I wrote the script a few weeks ago to sum up what we've learned about the fruits of the Spirit this year, and it has been so fun seeing the characters come to life during rehearsals over the past week.  Although the students were nervous to perform for their parents and peers at chapel, they did a great job!  (Can you tell I'm a proud teacher?)  I even got to have a cameo appearance as a banana... what a thrill!  :)




I shouldn't have been surprised that tonight's reading for high school small group also mentioned the fruit of the Spirit: "What disturbs me most is when were not really bothered that God living in us has not made much of a noticeable difference... When we exhibit the peace that surpasses the world's understanding, that's when the world notices.  That's when people say, 'Your Lord -- He is God!'"  (Francis Chan in Forgotten God)

I pray that my fourth grade students, small group girls, co-workers, and friends all see the fruit of the Spirit in my life.  That they would be drawn to worship Him.  And ultimately, that they would be compelled to live lives surrendered to the Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I love that you wrote the script. So cool. :)

    ReplyDelete