Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Life with Jesus: A Backpacking Trip

The elementary school chapel speaker yesterday was BFA's interim director, Phil Peters.  Mr. Peters is an avid camper and backpacker, so he used his large pack to share with the children about life with Jesus.  He called on students to guess what was inside his pack.  These 1st-5th graders have obviously been camping before, as they guessed many of the items correctly!

I was struck by the parallels between the backpacking essentials and life lessons...

Sleeping Bag:  "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28
Food:  "I am the bread of life.  Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."  John 6:35
Water:  "Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst."  John 4:14
Clothing:  "Therefore put on the full armor of God..." Ephesians 6:13
Tent: "I long to dwell in Your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of Your wings."  Psalm 61:4
Flashlight:  "Your Word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path."  Psalm 119:105



This is the journey of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment