Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

I'm an ESFJ.

I'm an ESFJ.  That probably doesn't mean much to you unless you are familiar with the Myers Briggs Type Indicator.  Then you know that my preferences are "extroversion, sensing, feeling, and judging."

This weekend, while on our annual retreat in Adelboden, Switzerland, all of the BFA staff took the Myers Briggs indicator to help us understand ourselves and our co-workers better.  It was helpful to be able to have these results to pinpoint why I love to be organized, dislike change, care so much about people, and enjoy being "the planner."


With the cow and goat bells ringing in the background and fresh Alp air blowing in through the windows, we began reading Ten Essentials of Happy, Healthy People.  We will continue reading this book over the course of the school year to learn more about balance and wholeness in our lives -- focusing not only on the physical, but also emotional, relational, and spiritual health.  As challenging as it may be, I'm looking forward to growing along with the BFA staff toward becoming more "whole" in Christ this year.

My roommates and I also led music for staff worship this morning.  It was a blessing to be able to be able to serve in this way.  We were able to use our new video projector, thanks to the generous gifts of supporters this summer!


Thank you for your prayers as I seek to become more like Christ while serving Him here in Germany.  How thankful I am for the encouragement and challenge of others in this body of believers at BFA!


The view from the highway as we reached the Alps...  Breathtaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment