Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

As If We Never Left...

I forgot how much I love to hear the squeals and screams of high school girls.

When I arrived at the main campus of BFA for our small group kick-off on Wednesday night, I heard my girls before I saw them.  Their high-pitched exclamation of "HEATHER!!!!" was unmistakable... and warmed my heart to the core.  Seconds later, they practically knocked me over with their enthusiastic hugs!

And I thought to myself: This is what I have been waiting for.

Last year at this time, I was a new small group leader standing with other adults at the back of the school, waiting to meet six students in a mass of unfamiliar high school faces.  One year ago we were strangers.  I can't explain the bonds that were formed as we read Crazy Love together, took pictures and videos, sang worship songs around the piano, giggled at sleepovers, munched on numerous yummy snacks, shared prayer requests, wrestled with how to put our faith into action... God has stitched our hearts together to form a community of grace and love.

Though we were apart for three months, separated by oceans and country borders, we were instantly reunited as they yelled out my name.  We have faced challenges and learned unforgettable lessons this summer.  And now we're back together to keep pressing on toward the prize.

I feel a sense of belonging with these girls.
The moments we have together are gifts from God.
It just feels right to have six beautiful young women in my home again.
It's as if we never left.



Please keep praying for us as we yearn to know the Holy Spirit more this year!  Pray that our views would be challenged and eyes opened through the reading of the Scriptures and Francis Chan's Forgotten God.  To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment