Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

First-Ever Chapel Band!

There are some specific moments when I feel like I'm part of the bigger picture.  I can sense that God is calling me to Himself as He calls me to specific roles here at BFA.  And one of those is the brand new elementary chapel band.

Ten 4th and 5th grade students have joined BFA's first-ever elementary school chapel band, and I am thrilled to be leading worship with them!  I've split the kids into two teams to lead singing on alternating weeks of chapel.  We have talked together about what "worship" means, how they can lead by example, and why we sing songs to God.  I am inspired by the passionate, pure worship of these elementary schoolers!

This Wednesday, four students led us in singing "Lord, I Lift Your Name on High" and "How Great Is Our God" (in English and German), while I played keyboard and another student operated the Power Point slides.  The other children responded so well by doing the motions along with us and lifting their voices in praise.


Please continue to pray that this won't be about us, but about Him.  Pray that I would be an honest, Christ-focused leader for these impressionable children.  And pray that the students on the worship team, as well as all of us at the elementary school, would live sincere lives of worship for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment