Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Catching Up: The Faces of Summer!

I've been doing a lot of it this summer.  This is a summer of catching up.  And I love it!

What does that really mean?  "Catching up" with people isn't just about updating iCal regularly and borrowing my mom's car to go on road trips (thanks, Mom!).  And, although I love coffee shops, Panera Bread, Applebee's, Rita's Water Ice... it isn't even about the venue.  Catching up means sitting, laughing, listening, praying, just being together.  It's letting our souls reconnect, sharing challenges and joys.

I have been so blessed to have time with family and friends during my 6 weeks in the States.  I've had the opportunity to spend quality time with immediate and extended family, friends from all walks of life, and even new friends.  How special to not only see so many who are dear to my heart, but also share deep conversations, pray for one another, and "spur one another on toward love and good deeds" (Hebrews 10:24)!

Here are some of the "faces of this summer"...

 Spent time on the GCC campus with Crista and Devi

...and another college friend, Elise

My BFA roommate, Brittany, with her grandma
(our hostess while we were in Alberta, Canada)

So fun to catch up with Amy, who student taught at BFA in the fall!

Loved flying to MI for a weekend with my cousins... and new cousin-in-law!  
Congrats, Becky and Kaleb!

Spent time with my friend (my mom's college roommate's daughter), Linda

Enjoyed yummy ice cream with Anne, a friend from church

Explored South Jersey with my college roommate, Kristen

Took a walk and made smoothies with long-time friend, Sarah

Ate breakfast at "our spot" -- Einstein's -- with Kelly, a high school friend

Had lunch with Lauren, a friend who teaches in China

Treasured family time spent playing games, eating meals, talking, and traveling together


Thank YOU, dear ones, for investing in me... for making it possible for us to spend time together, encouraging me in my work at BFA, allowing me to get a glimpse into your life, and welcoming me back to the States for this short time.  May the Lord bless you for your generosity and love for me!

4 comments:

  1. LOVED the blog and all the pics! It's great having you state-side, dear daughter!!

    Much love,
    Mom XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like seeing all these pictures and stories! I especially love the last picture hehe very cool photography for a very fun family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good to see faces with names I have heard about over the past few years... God created such a beautiful plan for fellowship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a most special time of opportunity (Kairos moment) for you and for the ones you're visiting--what a blessing to be together!

    Love you always,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete