Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lead Me to the Cross

Yesterday my roommate and I hosted a Good Friday service at our home.  We set up prayer stations, some of which were the same as the ones I set up for my small group over a month ago.  We sang a few songs together, spent some time going through the prayer stations individually, and then closed by singing "In Christ Alone" and "Christ is Risen."  It was great to have that time of worship and reflection with our friends.  

How easily we forget the depth of God's love for us, that He would send His Son -- and the significance of Jesus' sacrifice, that He would die for our sins.  May we be reminded of God's amazing grace and unconditional love this Easter and always!

Brittany setting up the projector for our singing time

Prayer stations set up in our living room

Cut out magazine picture to represent the world's view of love

Hammer nail into log while confessing sins

Thankfulness banner in the shape of a cross

Offering strengths and weaknesses as gifts at the foot of the cross

Prayer requests written on hearts

"Lead me to the cross where Your love poured out / Bring me to my knees, Lord, I lay me down / Rid me of myself, I belong to You / Oh, lead me, lead me to the cross."

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you and Brittany organized this evening of worship and prayer. Your ideas are so helpful in focusing one's attention on the Lord. May you be blessed as you have sought to bless others for the sake of Christ.

    Love you,
    Mom XO

    ReplyDelete