Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Power of Prayer

When I was on the leadership team of Women of Faith at Grove City College, a friend and I created prayer stations for the RA staff.  I adapted those prayer stations to use with my small group girls last evening.  What a powerful way to focus on Christ and refocus in the middle of a crazy busy week!  Please continue to pray for this group as we study, pray, and seek God together.

Thumbprint -- God created you and loves you for who you are.

Gifts at the cross -- God has given you strengths to use for His glory.  We offer ourselves as living sacrifices to Him.

Hearts on a line -- Present the burdens of your heart to Him, and He will hear and respond!

Stones -- Place the stone on the pile to remember that God faithfully keeps His promises.

Broken roses -- We are broken, hurting, overwhelmed, weak before Him... and He restores us.

BFA dorm map -- We pray for unity and strength for the RAs, dorm parents, and boarding students at BFA.

Decorated cookie -- Taste in the sweetness of different personalities united as one in Christ.

"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  Matthew 11:28

1 comment:

  1. SO great to see the prayer stations and know that your small group is growing in spiritual maturity as you fall at His feet together. What a great way to help the girls know more of the power of prayer. I'm sure God was very real and present (and pleased)in your quiet evening with Him. "Be still and know that I am God."

    Love you,
    Mom XO

    ReplyDelete