Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Today commemorates the one year anniversary of this blog, “Joy in the Journey.”  I think it’s worth remembering God’s leading, celebrating His faithfulness, and focusing on His glory in the coming year.

To those of you who have faithfully read this blog since March 11, 2010…  I am so grateful for your enthusiastic partnership and continued support of my ministry at BFA.  I couldn’t be here if it weren’t for my wonderful “home team”!  So, thanks for sticking with me.  For commenting on my posts.  For sending your love and encouragement halfway around the world!

To those of you who have joined me somewhere along the journey… I am so blessed to have you along for the ride!  Life here in Germany is a wild ride sometimes – but even more, life with Jesus in the driver’s seat is an unbelievable adventure!  Thanks for being a part of what God is doing at BFA and in my life.

To the Giver of the “joy in the journey”… I am indebted to You.  I am incapable of living and loving apart from You; there is no purpose without You.  But, I take great delight in what You have done for me, in me, and through me!  Thank You for filling me to overflowing with joy, even in the tough times.  You know when my heart feels free and when it is broken – and You “fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand” (Psalm 16:11).

Somehow, I don’t think March 11 will be just another day on my calendar anymore.   Not that the advent of a blog is the only reason to celebrate.  No, today is just one day out of 365 days every year to remember that “He who began a good work” will continue to lead me moment by moment (Philippians 1:6).  Thanks for being a part of this journey with me!

1 comment:

  1. Powerful words, Heather. Powerful reminders to all of us who follow along on your Joy in the Journey. Press on, dear daughter. Press on toward the goal for which Christ has called you heavenward - and keep loving on those children and teens!

    Love you,
    Mom XO

    ReplyDelete