Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Take Your Stand!

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."  (Ephesians 6:10-13)

BFA's school-wide theme for the year is "Take Your Stand," based on this passage and the verses following about the pieces of the armor of God.  I introduced the theme to my class last week by creating an aluminum foil suit of armor!   Somehow, I don't think those kids will ever forget those lessons with Miss Brown decked out in tin foil.  Quite entertaining -- but also a great foundation for the rest of the school year as we continue to put on the armor to resist temptation!


Tonight was the Parent-Teacher Fellowship, which gave me an opportunity to meet all but two of my students' families.  No, I did not model the suit of armor for them, but it was on display! :)  It was a wonderful evening -- what a supportive community!  It makes it a lot easier to work with struggling students when I know that their parents are fully behind what I am doing.

One final note: I am continually updating the "Please Pray!" tab with day-to-day prayer requests.  Even if you don't see a new blog post, there may be new prayers/praises posted there.  I so appreciate your faithful prayers as I serve God here at BFA!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful! I am looking forward to seeing the pic of you in your suit of aluminum foil armor! ;) You know very well that teaching is a lot like acting, so it's very fitting (haha) that you have costumes! AND I agree, your students will not soon forget the lesson. Way to go, Miss Brown!

    Love you, Mom XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in to see how you are doing. WOW! You are amazing. I would have loved to have had a teacher like you. I'm so glad that you are happy, even though you are so missed here. Keep up the wonderful work!
    Susan Young
    Stuckert and Yates
    Dad's keeper during the day!!!!

    ReplyDelete