Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend Highlights

Some highlights from the weekend:

-- Friday afternoon -- I ended the day with a special treat for the kids... cleaning their desks with shaving cream!  I was pleasantly surprised at not only the cleanliness of the desks, but also the relatively little chaos that ensued.  :)


We finished wiping the desks down, washing hands, and getting all of the paper towels in the trashcan with plenty of time before dismissal... but somehow, even lined up at the door, we didn't hear the cowbell signaling dismissal... and the entire third/fourth grade missed the bus!  The chaos that we had avoided in the classroom suddenly broke out on the front steps of the school as I tried to reassure all of the students that they would get home or to their bus connections as soon as possible.  Fortunately, there were enough teachers with cars there that they could shuttle the kids quickly (in time to make connections to Basel!).  Phew!

-- Friday evening to Sunday afternoon -- I spent this weekend with BFA staff in a chalet in Adelboden, Switzerland, surrounded by astounding views of the Alps.  The relaxed schedule, later mornings (sleeping in until 8am!), encouraging conversations, and beautiful location were so refreshing.  I was also really challenged by the discussions on "teaching from within."  I am called to teach through an expression of my identity -- my relationships, my past experiences, my personality, and most importantly, my identity in Christ.  I pray that my teaching would be an honest reflection of Christ's work in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment