Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Transformations!

It's been just over a week since I found out the grade level I will be teaching, and I am amazed at how the classroom has come together in that time!  (In addition to taking the car to the shop, attending all-staff conference, etc...)  Thanks to a teacher assistant and my roommates, here are some photos of the transformation!

BEFORE: lots of furniture in no particular place, curriculum piled high



AFTER: desks in their places, curriculum in the cabinet, conference corner created!



BEFORE: Far side of the classroom along the wall with windows

AFTER:  Decorations hung, "nailing good behavior" system in place

BEFORE: Teacher corner wasn't really defined

AFTER: Orderly teacher desk with classroom library in front

As I consider the transformation that has happened in my classroom, I can't help but think about the transformation of our lives because of Jesus.  Praise God that He takes our sinful selves and makes us new!  "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"  (2 Cor 5:17)

I am also challenged to pray for the transformation of my students.  I have heard that this is a challenging group, but I know that God can transform their hearts.  Although I can teach lessons, assign homework, and plan activities, I cannot change their attitudes, motivations, and desires.  God can.  Please join me in praying for the third and fourth graders who will enter my class on Tuesday -- that they would be good listeners and hard workers, and that I would have wisdom to meet the needs of each one with patience and love.


"The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace" (Psalm 29:11).

2 comments:

  1. The classroom and the teacher both look well prepared and organized. "As long as you're teaching, I'm praying." <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    This looks incredible! I'm so excited to hear more stories of the growth that happens in your classroom!

    <3Michelle

    ReplyDelete