Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Testing the Flexibility Muscles

BFA.  Be Flexible Always.  That's what various staff have told me during recruiting, fundraising, and now orientation...  And I have found it to be true so far!

On Thursday I found out that I will be the fourth grade teacher this year!  I was originally going to be teaching third grade in the morning and fifth grade in the afternoon, but now I have a class of my own.  I am thrilled to finally have curriculum, materials, and a finalized class list in my hands -- I'll have 7 fourth graders and will add 9 third graders in the afternoon.  I have spent the past 2 days getting the room in order (pictures coming soon).  Even with all of these preparations, it's a little surreal that I am going to be teaching in just over a week!

This week I have also enjoyed a tour of all the BFA dorms, several walks in the gorgeous Black Forest, an evening in Basel with new staff, and a day in Freiburg.  Indeed every day is an adventure!

(Brittany, me, and Jennifer in Basel)

1 comment:

  1. In the midst of the challenges to be flexible always, you have Been Fortunate Always! haha There is much to be thankful for - the Lord's wonderful provision, two awesome apartment-mates, and a class to call your own. May you shine His light everywhere you go and show the love of Christ to everyone you meet.

    Love you!
    Mom XO

    ReplyDelete