Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Welcome, Miss Schnitzel!

Today, the students and I welcomed Dana Schnitzel into our classroom!  (Yes, Schnitzel.  And yes, the students enjoyed that name just as much as you are right now.)

Miss Schnitzel is studying Language Arts Education (grades 4-8) at Geneva College in western PA.  We are both from Pennsylvania and even have mutual friends, so having her here feels like a taste of home!  We even got to meet up while I was in PA this summer.


For the next two months, Dana will be observing BFA Middle School classes and gradually taking over my course load.  Today she focused on observing the students' social connections and getting a feel for our school day.  We even ventured over to the high school campus for an hour for chapel.  (On top of connecting with high school staff and hearing an awesome message, I always love getting a chance to see my small group girls leading worship!)

In the coming days, Dana will be planning lessons and units, creating and grading assessments, and refining her classroom management practices.  I'm excited for this opportunity to encourage and coach a preservice teacher, as well as continue to grow in my teaching practices.  You can pray for wisdom, grace, and energy - for Dana and for me - as we collaborate to be the best team we can be.  More pictures and stories to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment