Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Classroom Transformations!

At the end of last school year, the elementary school changed locations from Sitzenkirch to Wollbach.  It was a big job moving all of our furniture and supplies to a new school, but this larger building is much better suited to our growing school.

I found out at the beginning of the month that I would be able to have different (bigger and better!) classroom than originally planned.  Although this meant moving all of my furniture and supplies up another flight of stairs, having this new classroom is a huge blessing.  Check out the classroom transformations!  (Wow, this feels like deja-vu from last year!)

BEFORE: The classroom was empty except for stuff left over from the German class before me.  The walls were also a plain tan color.




DURING: lots of boxes to unpack and furniture to get into place!





PROGRESS: Boxes have been emptied!  Walls are a fresh coat of white!


Still waiting for my real white board to be delivered and the bulletin board to be hung...


Teacher supply cabinet filled



"Teacher Corner" with my desk and shelves -- and white board is now mounted


"Library corner"with books in book boxes and comfortable seating


"Job squad" chart and textbooks in cubbies


One more bulletin board to do...


The most important part, though, is the fourth graders who will fill these seats and use these supplies in the coming months!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for the fourth grade class.  Please pray with me that I would be His hands and feet as I teach my students this year.

5 comments:

  1. I pray that the students will know what a GREAT teacher they have and how she continual is investing in their lives so that they may get to know Him better. Keep up the great work!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome professional, Heather! I am praying for a wonderful new academic year for you, filled with blessings from the Lord, blessings from friends, and blessings from students. Please know you are regularly in my prayers. You go, girl! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, friends! I'm looking forward to a great year! (P.S. Who is lojo? Thanks for your comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh... I'm guessing Dr. Johnson. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blogs always bring smiles to my days, but these pictures and the description of your new classroom are really a day-brightener! May God's faithfulness continue to be revealed in the daily activities of your life.

    Hope to see you next time you're visiting GCC.
    Hugs and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete