Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Glückliches Erntedankfest!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I'll be honest, it's weird working on Thanksgiving.  I've never had school on the actual holiday before... with Christmas decorations all around, snow falling outside, and a full teaching schedule today, it'd be easy to just forget about Thanksgiving.  When I greeted the other teachers this morning with "Happy Thanksgiving," several of them said, "Oh, is it Thanksgiving today?"  I haven't forgotten!

In an effort to keep Thanksgiving "alive" here in Germany, I have brought over one of my family's customs -- the Thanksgiving banner!  Last night my small group girls and I filled a banner with people, places, things, and experiences for which we're thankful.  My roommates and I are working on another one for our apartment... there is SO MUCH for which to be grateful!


"Ich danke Dir, Herr, mein Gott, von ganzem Herzen und ehre deinen Namen ewiglich."  Psalm 86.12

No comments:

Post a Comment