Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Asia-Bound!


That's right... I'm headed to southeast Asia tonight!

Who:  Six TeachBeyond staff from the Mobilization and Member Care/Personnel teams
What:  A whirlwind trip to our schools/projects in the region
When:  October 14-26
Where:  Three countries in southeast Asia
Why:  To get an overview of the schools and encourage our members there!

I'm excited for this opportunity to reconnect with TeachBeyond friends who serve in southeast Asia, as well as gain a better perspective for recruiting for the region.  I would really appreciate your prayers for our trip.  Please pray for...

  • Energy:  Pray that I'll be able to sleep on our flights and have energy for our jam-packed schedule!
  • Safety & Health:  Pray that my cold would not progress any further, and that we would have safety and good health throughout the two weeks we are away.
  • Flexibility:  This is always key for serving overseas!  Pray that I would trust the Lord with the details as I step out of my comfort zone.
  • Encouragement:  Pray that my team would be an encouragement to the staff and students at each of the schools we visit, as well as a witness to their communities.

Promises from Psalm 91:

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in Whom I trust.'
Surely He will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with His feathers, 
and under His wings, you will find refuge;
His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart...
For He will command His angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways."

No comments:

Post a Comment