Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

#tbt Week 3: My Favorite Day Trip!

As I embrace this season of transition, I am taking time to reflect on many memories with special people in meaningful places.  It is neat to visibly see changes over time, knowing that God has been transforming us through the experiences of the past five years.

Each Thursday this summer will be devoted to a #tbt (Throwback Thursday) post, highlighting various "then and now" comparisons.  Enjoy!


My favorite day trip: The Alps

In my first few weeks of living in Germany, my roommate and I were invited to join our neighbors (Jonathan and Valerie) on a day trip to Interlaken, Switzerland.  The Lauterbrunnen Valley quickly became our favorite day trip to share with visitors, and we have returned to this place many times over the past five years.  The breathtaking beauty of this area truly reflects God's majesty.

On one of our last days in Germany, we returned to the very same pizza place that we had visited with Jon and Valerie back in 2010.  It was a lovely afternoon to "say goodbye" to this place and remember all of the people with whom we have shared the Swiss Alps.

September 2010


June 2015


Many wonderful memories in Interlaken and Lauterbrunnen...





Goodbye, Alps!

What places are important to you?  
How have they become imprinted on your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment