Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Two Months and Next Steps

Two months.

It's hard to believe, but I will be flying back to Pennsylvania in two short months!  Between now and then?  I'm sure there will be to-do lists, last-minute cleaning, packing and repacking, plenty of paperwork... But I'm also hoping for lots of memory-making and hugs and conversations and soaking it all in.

It's bittersweet to leave this place that I've called home for the past five years.  However, I'm very much looking forward to what lies ahead!

The where.  I will be living with my parents in PA for the summer - enjoying family time and reconnecting with friends.  In late August, I will officially move to the Washington, D.C. area!

The who.  I'll be living with Alyssa, a close college friend.  We haven't lived together since our suite-mate days of senior year, but we have kept in touch across the miles over the past five years.  It was also really fun to have Alyssa visit me in Germany last month to meet my friends and see my life here, and I'm looking forward to beginning this new season with Alyssa as my roommate.


The what.  After serving with TeachBeyond at BFA for the past five years, I will be transitioning into a new role with TeachBeyond: Mobilization Coach!  This position includes recruiting on college campuses, sharing TeachBeyond's vision with people interested in serving abroad, and encouraging candidates as they apply, fundraise, and prepare to move overseas.  As a Mobilization Coach, I get to walk alongside people who are in the place I was five years ago - preparing to go, willing to serve, facing the unknowns of the future.  I'm thrilled that this role combines my love for connecting with people and my passion for quality international education!

The what else.  I will also be pursuing an online master's degree in Educational Leadership.  I'm already praying that I would find a good balance between my mobilization role and grad school, especially without the built-in rhythm of a school schedule (which is what I've known since I began Kindergarten!).

There are many changes coming, and I appreciate the grace and encouragement that so many of you have already extended to me in this season.  May this new adventure bring glory to God, and may I continue to find joy in the journey.

"I know Who goes before me,
I know Who stands behind,
The God of angel armies is always by my side"

In my new role as Mobilization Coach, I will continue as a full-time support-based TeachBeyond member.  Click here to make a financial contribution.  Your gift will have multiplied impact as I interact with new TeachBeyond members joining the global work of transformational education.  Thanks for your generosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment