Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Overwhelmed

The end of this school year has been an overwhelming time…

I'm overwhelmed by God's faithfulness as I consider His continual provision of the energy needed for each day, the creativity for each lesson, and the wisdom for each moment.

I'm overwhelmed at the thought of starting over again in the fall with new students, a new middle school chapel band team, a new role as Middle School Literacy Coach, and many changes at the middle school.

I'm overwhelmed to think that my small group girls have graduated and are now scattered on three continents.

I'm overwhelmed by the never-ending goodbyes and the unavoidable emptiness left in their wake.

I'm overwhelmed as I consider this time next year, when I'll be the one saying farewell to this community - at least for a year or a season.  I'm overwhelmed by the vast unknown that lies ahead.

But, I'm also overwhelmed by a deep peace as I rest in His promises.  He will never leave me nor forsake me.  He has called me to be strong and courageous.  He will be faithful to complete the work that He's started in me.  He has created me to do good works that He has prepared in advance for me to do.  He who called me is faithful.  That He does not change like shifting shadows, that He is my constant in the midst of change.

And as I consider all that has happened in the past and that I anticipate in the future, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude that you are walking with me in this journey.

God has answered your prayers for my classes this year.
He gave me energy, ideas, and a deep love for my students.



You've made it possible for me to invest in the lives of chapel band students 
so they understand that worship is a lifestyle, not just a song.



You've made it possible for the parents of my students to keep serving,
whether here in Kandern or in faraway places.




You've asked God to encourage me, grow me, and stretch me.
He's used this amazing staff team to do that.




You've prayed with me for my small group girls for four years.
From a distance, you've watched them grow from freshmen to seniors.

I wish you'd overheard the precious conversations I had with these girls' parents, 
some of whom traveled for many hours to see their girls graduate.
These were beautiful "frozen-in-time" moments to remember forever.


You would have sat beside me at the High School Awards Ceremony,
where you would have seen Katie receive the Barnabas Encouragement Award, 
Brianne accept the Female Athlete Award,
and Senior Class President Nara give the Senior Class Gift.


You would have been amazed, as I was,
to hear the beautiful tributes read for each of them at Graduation.
These young women are so thankful to YOU for making it possible
for me to stay at BFA for all four of their high school years.



You've given sacrificially so that I can keep serving here in Germany.


Thank you, dear blog readers, for your support over the past four years!  What a blessing it is - in the midst of an overwhelming end of the year - to consider the ways that you have enabled me to keep doing what I'm doing.  To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment