Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Four Years in the Making

Monday night was four years in the making.  We all knew this day would eventually come, but it's surreal that it has now come and gone.  Our last small group gathering.

When I first agreed to be a small group leader nearly four years ago, I didn't fully grasp what that meant.  They needed leaders, and I sensed God leading me to say yes.  Over the past four years, I have been so blessed by the relationships with these joyful, talented, and Jesus-loving girls!  From book studies to prayer stations, Christmas caroling to sleepovers, I have been personally challenged and encouraged through our time together.

In celebration of our four years together, I planned a progressive dinner from my old apartment, to my current apartment, and around town.  It was bittersweet to relive past memories and consider the unknowns of the future.  One of the highlights of the night was meeting my friend Larisa for a photo shoot around town, ending with ice cream at the beloved Eis Cafe.

In this time of inevitable closure, transition, and farewells, I am grateful that the same God who sustained us for the past four years will continue to lead and provide as we part ways.

So, to my small group girls of the past four years:  May your "radical crazy love" for others bring Him honor and glory!  I'm proud of you and can't wait to hear your stories of the adventures ahead as you continue to pursue Christ.  Love you!

Stop 1:  Appetizers and a slideshow of the past at my former apartment 

Stop 2:  Dinner and a gift (recipe/photo book) at my current apartment

 Stop 3: Photo shoot around town





Stop 4: Dessert at the Eis Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment