Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

"When the Crazy Kicks In"

While getting ready for school the past few mornings, I've turned on Francesca Battistelli's new CD, If We're Honest, in the background.  Each day I've been struck with the lyrics of this song.

Pushed and pulled by a thousand expectations
And all the roles that I'm supposed to play
To hit the ground running's a temptation
But I have learned this lesson the hard way
A little time with You, the only way to get me through the day

Oh, come meet me in this moment before it all gets going
And these plates start to spin, the crazy kicks in
A circus of distractions is just about to happen
But I'll be ready when the crazy kicks in

I instantly connect with these references to "spinning plates" and "many hats to wear" - imagery that I, too, have used to describe my serving at BFA!  And the main message of this song rings true as well:  It is absolutely essential to focus on Christ despite distractions.

This time of year is notoriously "when the crazy kicks in" at BFA.  With graduation imminent - and soccer tournament, Experiential Learning Week, and loads of lasts in between - the countdown is on.  Yesterday my small group put together treat bags for the students taking AP tests at BFA this week and next.  It was great to be able to tangibly serve these students by stuffing their mailboxes with goodies!




So, as this month of May whizzes past, I'll continue to listen to this catchy song in the morning.  I hold onto the promises in the bridge of this song that are worded so perfectly!

You've got me where You want me
Even through the highs and lows
You know me, and You hold me
And You show me that You'll never let me go

No comments:

Post a Comment