Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

It's for the Kids!

When I arrived at the high school on Friday evening, I wasn't wearing my normal clothes with my work bag slung over my shoulder.  A parent called out, "Wow, your costume looks awesome!"  And my automatic response?  "It's for the kids!"

There are some things that I do here that can only be explained with that simple response… and dressing like the White Witch from Narnia for about two hours on a Friday night is one of them.

At the Disney-themed Middle School Spring Party, we had a blast playing life-sized Memory (the kids were the cards), dancing to "Just Dance" (a middle school favorite), and snapping photos at the photo booth (see below!).  It is always fun to see the kids in costume and hear their reactions to the teachers' costumes.  Some of the students didn't recognize me at first, which I took as a compliment!



I'm grateful for a crazy staff team who would join me in saying, "It's for the kids!" Not just one day of the year, but every day.  Not just dressing in costume for a party, but also spending endless hours preparing quality class activities, writing fair tests, learning more about our content areas, and praying for our students.  Ultimately, we'd all say that it's not just for the kids, but really it's for HIM.  All that we do is for the One who created our students and who gives us strength to serve every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment