Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Night of Prayer

Over the past three years, I've enjoyed setting up prayer stations for my small group girls from time to time.  The girls have commented on the value of having time to be still during small group, as BFA life is so fast-paced and dorm life is packed full.  We decided to offer some of the girls' favorite prayer stations to the rest of the small groups.

Last Tuesday, I went to school ahead of time to set up the stations.  The room started out looking like this…

With the help of one of my small group girls, we transformed the room into this...


What joy I felt when fifty students filled the room and spent intentional time with Jesus!  Here is an overview of the stations.









In preparing for the prayer night, I was struck by Paul's prayer for the Philippians.  This is my prayer for my students, my small group girls, my friends, my supporters, my family...

"And this is my prayer: that your love my abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God" (Philippians 1:9-11).  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment