Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Snapshots!

I have been blown away by the many God-ordained opportunities I've had to reconnect with friends and family in just the past few weeks that I've been in America!  Only He could arrange a schedule so perfectly balanced between busy and rested, connected and rejuvenated, pouring out and being refilled.

* I've spent the majority of these weeks at my parents' house, with my brother also home for an internship in the area.  We also got a visit from our cousins from Michigan during my first weekend back!

* I've seen friends from growing up, church, high school, and college since being back!  We've shared meals, coffee dates, walks in the park, and Rita's water ice... and many, many conversations!  In fact, I almost lost my voice last week :)  ... totally worth it!


* I had the opportunity to speak briefly in church my first weekend home.  I shared this video with the congregation, which only gives a taste of life at BFA!  I also connected with many people at my table in the hallway.


* I've had two dessert nights, one at my parents' home and one in western PA near my college.  If you missed these, try to come to the final Sundae Celebration on July 22 in Newtown! 


* This past Sunday, I shared about my ministry with Kids Point, the children's ministry at my home church.  I've shared in Kids Point the past two summers, as well - since their theme for the summer is usually missions - so some of the kids even remembered my initial decision to go to BFA!  They loved hearing about the "hats" I have worn this year and seeing a video I made about the students at BFA.  Together they created cards and video greetings for the students at BFA, which I will share at the beginning of the school year.  It is so cool to see my two "worlds" interact with one another!


I'm so thankful to the Lord for arranging these times to encourage others, seek their advice, and share stories of His faithfulness.  And the good news is... there's still another month of this!  If you're in the area, please let me know so we can find a time to meet up!

No comments:

Post a Comment