Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Birthday Blessings!

I am so blessed by the community here at BFA, as well as connections with friends and family around the world!  This week I felt extra special as birthday cards arrived in the mailbox and my awesome roommates took me away for a few days to celebrate my 24th birthday.


My birthday seemed to sneak up on me this year.  Maybe it's because I was in Italy the previous week.  Maybe it's because this whole school year seems to have gone by at lightning speed.  Oh, maybe it's because I'm getting old?! :)  Nevertheless, I always enjoy celebrations, so I was thrilled to be able to have a bunch of friends over yesterday afternoon to celebrate my birthday with me.  We enjoyed tea and treats, played a few games, and had a homemade "photo booth" (pictures below).  Most of all, it was great to just reconnect and share conversations with dear friends.


Brittany and me

My mentor, Candy, and her beautiful daughters

Megan and me

It was also so special to hear from many of you via Facebook posts, cards in the mail, and encouraging e-mails.  Thanks for making my day special from across the miles!


During our Skype conversation yesterday, my mom read part of her journal entry from April 14, 1988.  When she flipped the page to April 15, today's date, she found something that she didn't remember at all: "I got a roommate this evening - a wonderful gal who's a missionary to Germany.  What a delight to share a room with a fellow believer!" Only God knew where I'd be 24 years later!  In Germany as a missionary.

"The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance."  Psalm 16:6

No comments:

Post a Comment