Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Caution: Changes Ahead!

Over the past few weeks, the other teachers and I have prayerfully considered the needs of the third and fourth graders and have come to the conclusion that, beginning in January, the classes should be separate for the whole school day.  The current third grade morning teacher will keep the third graders for the whole day, and I will teach just fourth grade.  Splitting the classes will allow us to individualize instruction, tailor the material toward one specific grade level, and challenge the students in new ways.  The split is bittersweet -- I will really miss teaching the third graders, but I am looking forward to having a more flexible schedule, integrating subjects more, and implementing new ideas for reading and writing development.

Another big change... the third and fourth grades will be switching classrooms!  Because I teach a combined class of 17 in the afternoons, I have the larger classroom.  However, it makes a lot more sense to have the larger third grade class in the bigger classroom after break.  I am thankful for my Bible study girls who have offered to help move furniture, supplies, and decorations in early January.  This will be a big change for the teachers and students!

This change will not be simple, but I am convinced that God is at work.  I would appreciate your prayers that the students would adjust well, parents and co-workers would extend grace, and I would be patient and determined.  Thank you, and to God be the glory!

1 comment:

  1. SO kind of those small group girls to help you move your classroom! That will make it fun. I appreciate your prayer requests and will be praying your desire that all of these changes bring glory to God.

    Much love, always!
    Mom XO

    ReplyDelete