Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Ist es wirklich schon Oktober?!

Is it really already October?!  Time is FLYING by!  There are so many adventures to share from each day.  I hope that these pictures and brief stories will give you a good glimpse into this past week...

We have begun a new unit in science about plants entitled "Let it Grow! Let it Grow!  Let it Grow!"  The students brought in leaves from home to classify on our leaf bulletin board...



In our morning devotions, we talked about what it means to praise God  - not specifically for things He has done or given us (that's thanks), but for who He is.  Here are some of the things the kids came up with:


 "Praise" was just the beginning...  I taught them the acronym "ACTS" (adoration, confession, thanks, supplication), and I was amazed at the way they really were receptive to it.  Here is one third grader's response to our discussion on how to pray. 


We are also working on writing letters to our partner fourth grade class in Grove City, Pennsylvania, where I did my first half of student teaching.  There are only 7 kids in our class, but we are writing letters to all 25 students in their fourth grade!  It's a big job, but they are rising to the challenge:



And those are the highlights from this week!


I'm looking forward to more adventures this weekend -- seeing the "cows come down" in Switzerland, Holzen's pottery festival, movie night with friends, attending a German church for the second time...  I'm overwhelmed by God's blessings and provision!

2 comments:

  1. I am also overwhelmed, Heather...His blessings are abundant! Love you, Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandmom says, "I think it's wonderful what you are teaching the children and their response."

    :)

    ReplyDelete