Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

BFA in Basel!

Three hundred BFA staff and students descended on Basel, Switzerland, on Friday night.  It was Herbstmesse time!

My roommate, Brittany, and I walked around the city with two other BFA teachers.  We enjoyed Wurst and Kaffee on the bank of the river looking out across the city of Basel before crossing the bridge to the historic part of town.


Basel looked a little different than it did last time we were there back in August during New Staff Orientation!  Herbstmesse dramatically changes the city with its bright lights, loud noises, and increased volume of visitors.  We boarded the ferris wheel right around dusk, which gave us a breathtaking view of Basel, as well as Germany and France beyond that.


The bumper cars were the main Black Forest Academy meeting place for the night.  We arrived during the middle school bumper car time, about a half hour before the BFA high schoolers would overtake the place.  I saw several of my third and fourth graders standing on the platform and attempting to maneuver the bumper cars.  Bruised knees and a headache were small prices to pay for the chance to ride around with one of my third graders!  It was so special to have a chance to spend some time with several of my students outside of the classroom context.


I also caught up with my small group girls!  It was so great to be a part of the BFA community, even removed from the school campus.


I am so thankful for this place that God has provided for me to live, work, and serve.  It is evident over and over that this is most certainly where He wants me to be "for such a time as this" (Esther 4:14)!  I praise Him for His faithful leading and continued blessings.  Thank you for your prayers and encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment