Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

"Bear One Another's Burdens"

"Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

The past two months have been burden-bearing months.  No, not burdensome, but definitely burden-bearing.

Within the span of a few weeks, several friends had sudden life-threatening medical emergencies and are now undergoing extensive rehab.  Others face situations of grief, loneliness, confusion, and defeat.  I'm sure you could add to the list from your own story and the circumstances of your friends.

It has been a staggering two months of repeatedly entrusting others to Jesus, claiming promises over their situations and singing songs of surrender to the Lord. While it has been challenging to see friends struggle, I am inspired by their courage and honored to pray for them.  As I have entered this battleground on their behalf, I've been reminded that "our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against... the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" (Ephesians 6:12).

So I fall on my knees, and I fight like a warrior
I am a warrior on my knees
And I call on the Name of the One who is conquerer
I'm more than a conquerer when I believe
The enemy trembles every time
'Cause He knows the battle is no longer mine
And I fall on my knees and fight like a warrior
- "Warrior" (Steven Curtis Chapman)

Friends, can I humbly ask you to bear my "burdens" by praying for me this week? I'm putting the final touches on two talks I'll be giving at Grove City College next Tuesday.  (Believe it or not, speaking to 1,000+ college students and professors is not the same as a class of twenty middle schoolers!)  I'd appreciate your prayers against anxiety, physical sickness, missed opportunity...  Pray that Truth would be proclaimed and Jesus would be glorified.


"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power... Therefore, put on the full armor or God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."  Ephesians 6:10, 13

No comments:

Post a Comment