Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

'Tis the Season...

... for another Operation Christmas Child collection!  Each year that I've been at BFA, I have been involved in this project - and each year it grows a little bit bigger!  It has been a true joy to see middle schoolers lead this project and the whole school (all three campuses!) work together to share God's love through the tangible gift of a shoebox.  This year, a number of high school small groups wrapped shoeboxes, and many families helped to collect boxes and purchase items.

Middle schoolers trained to be "box checkers" doing their thing at the Packing Party!

Enthusiastic Christmas spirit!

I got to check some boxes, too!

Waiting in line to have their boxes checked!

Elementary, middle, and high school students - along with their parents and teachers - packed 116 shoeboxes this year!  

This sweet lady, Gerdi, collects shoebox items year-round and has turned her home into a local collection center!  This month, a Weihnachten im Schuhkarton truck will pick up over 600 shoeboxes from her house!  It has been a blessing to partner with Gerdi while planning the Packing Party for the past three years.

Who knows where I'll be at this time next year, but I'm sure that I'll be packing shoeboxes again... and  I hope that BFA will continue this tradition of generosity in years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment