Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Goosebumps and God's Plan

As you know, I lead a small group of high school girls and absolutely love it!  Our time together is fun and meaningful.  I feel a greater connection to this community and deepened intimacy with Christ because of the time I spend with my small group.  Needless to say, I'm very excited that small groups start meeting again this Wednesday!

Over the past two years, we've read two Francis Chan books - Crazy Love and Forgotten God.  These books have spurred great discussion and challenged us to live out our faith more boldly.  This summer, I prayerfully considered several book options for this school year.  One night, I just felt peace about going with a certain book called Radical (David Platt).  I had read it through last year, so I was familiar with the content and knew that the book ended with a one-year challenge (which coincides perfectly with the girls' senior year).

Upon my return to Germany, I ordered copies of Radical for each of the girls in the group.  Just a few days later, I received this Facebook message from one of the girls -- and sat in silent amazement at the way God works.

"heather! (:  

it's almost time to see you again!!! yessss!!!! 

so i was wondering if you had a chosen book to read for this year already. because if you havent yet, ive just started reading this book called "Radical" by David Platt and i couldnt help but think about how wonderful it will be to read it together next year!!

it's such a challenging book. but soo soo good. and i think it would be a really great book to read together. but if you have other plans, i totally understand, it's just a suggestion. (:

love you! and see you soon!"

Yes, that is how God works.  He leads and He confirms.  And I get goosebumps because I'm a part of His plan!


No comments:

Post a Comment